A2: develop an awareness of how individuals and communities construct knowledge and how this is critically examined
A3: develop an interest in the diversity and richness of cultural perspectives and an awareness of personal and ideological assumptions
O3: examine how academic disciplines/areas of knowledge generate and shape knowledge
- How do historians construct knowledge?
- What counts as evidence in history?
- What role does interpretation play in constructing historical knowledge?
- What limits exist to our pursuit of objectivity in history?
Agenda (Google Slides):
First, we should go ahead and talk about these important deadlines and responsibilities:
Then, we can shift gears to begin our discussion of History as a Way of Knowing:
- History Starter
- History in Quotations Discussion