A2: develop an awareness of how individuals and communities construct knowledge and how this is critically examined
O4: understand the roles played by ways of knowing in the construction of shared and personal knowledge
- What is Knowledge? What does it mean to know something?
- Who is the knower, and what does (s)he know?
- Housekeeping: TOK Resources & Communication, Calendar
- Do you Know, or do you Believe? An Introduction to the Ways of Knowing.
- Discussion: What is Knowledge?
Please write a brief (400-600 word) reflection on one of the following prompts:
- How is the Learner Profile reflected in the way I live my life?
- What does it mean to say that we know something?
Whichever prompt you choose, please develop your reflection with specifics, including at least one specific reference to the content and discussions we have explored in class.