TOK Aims & Objectives
- make connections between a critical approach to the construction of knowledge, the academic disciplines and the wider world
- examine how academic disciplines/areas of knowledge generate and shape knowledge
- formulate, evaluate and attempt to answer knowledge questions
- How do we use visual models to organize knowledge?
- How are our visual metaphors reflected in our worldview?
- Manuel Lima, "A Visual History of Knowledge"
- 5-minute Free-write & Discussion
- Begin "Your Visual Encyclopedia of Knowledge" Activity
- Monday (10/23): Guest Speaker, UWG Geographer Andy Walter
- Wednesday (10/25): TOK Workday: Continue "A Visual History of Knowledge"
- Friday (10/27): Share & Discuss Visual Histories
- Change: Tuesday (10/31): Present Personal Geographies
- Change: Maths OPPs due 11/15