Aims & Objectives
- make connections between a critical approach to the construction of knowledge, the academic disciplines and the wider world
- critically reflect on their own beliefs and assumptions, leading to more thoughtful, responsible and purposeful lives
- understand that knowledge brings responsibility which leads to commitment and action.
- explore a real-life/contemporary situation from a TOK perspective in the presentation.
- How do mathematics shape our modern experiences?
- What are the ethical implications of advanced mathematics?
First, we can watch this great new TEDTalk about the ethical implications of Machine Learning.
Then we can explore the ethical problems raised by advanced neural nets and machine intelligence:
Van Gogh and Fluid Dynamics
and what happens when you run them backwards:
- Computers can now paint like Van Gogh and Picasso
- An AI Wrote this Movie
- Kulitta can write music that people confuse with Bach (Here's the programmer's website), and so can David Cope's EMI
- The Bot or Not Poetry Game
- Finish reading/annotating the excerpt from Nate Silver's The Signal and the Noise
- New Natural Sciences OPP due date - 11/9
- Hold off on TOKIRL - I will assign you a topic on Wednesday!