REMEMBER: The FIRST FIVE PAGES of your EE, along with accompanying Works Cited, are due TO ME by next Friday, September 9. This will be your first major grade for this course, and I WILL deduct points for incompleteness and/or tardiness.
Aims & Objectives:
- develop an awareness of how individuals and communities construct knowledge and how this is critically examined
- develop an interest in the diversity and richness of cultural perspectives and an awareness of personal and ideological assumptions
- examine how academic disciplines/areas of knowledge generate and shape knowledge
- How do historians construct knowledge?
- What counts as evidence in history?
- What role does interpretation play in constructing historical knowledge?
- What limits exist to our pursuit of objectivity in history?
Agenda (Google Slides):
- History Blog Discussion
- History Knowledge Framework Discussion
- History Prescribed Title Talk
- Complete 5-page EE Draft by Friday, 9/9.