Aims and Objectives:
- make connections between a critical approach to the construction of knowledge, the academic disciplines and the wider world.
- critically reflect on their own beliefs and assumptions, leading to more thoughtful, responsible and purposeful lives.
- identify and analyse the various kinds of justifications used to support knowledge claims.
- examine how academic disciplines/areas of knowledge generate and shape knowledge.
- What is the nature of mathematics?
- What is the mathematics of nature?
- Maths Quiz
- Discussion: Maths: Invented or Discovered
Video: Do Numbers EXIST?
Video: Max Tegmark's Radical Platonism
Video: Nature By Numbers
- Maths OPPs Due 10/11