Continue work on our first Written Assessment: Plato's Allegory of the Cave & the TOK Ways of Knowing.
- Develop and Shape your Essay. Consider
- How best to summarize the Allegory
- What Ways of Knowing might you consider (you need to have two!)
- What real life situations and concrete examples will help you develop your explanations?
- Begin Drafting
- Formal Essay Structure
- Effective introduction (Narrative?)
- Clear Organizational Patterns
- Careful development of difficult concepts
- Deliberate transitions between ideas
- Thoughtful attention to the possibilities of language for creating beauty
- I will use This Rubric to assess the essay
- 9/22: Finish Essay
- Due 9/26: Remediate your Essay into a visual representation that captures your essential meanings and arguments. Think creatively about the best way to portray your ideas.